Tesse Akpeki has authored and co-authored over 20 good practice governance publications and briefings. She has produced on-line resources and her resources have become key reference material for the sector.
Tesse has written numerous articles and writes regularly for Civil Society and governance magazines. Aspects of her work have appeared in Guardian Society and the Economist.
The following publications authored/co-authored by Tesse Akpeki
- Highlighting the lessons from COVID-19: Charity Commission Annual Public Meeting
- The Emotional Board
- Introduction to Winifred Tumim, the thought leader
- Certified by MOE foundation
- Contributing Author – You and Your Nonprofit Board: New Thinking from the Field’s Top Practitioners, Researchers, and Provocateurs, Charity Channel, USA
- Governing with Intent – An enquiry into trustee board effectiveness (Onboard Governance Development)
- Wired to Govern – A trustee’s handbook for the digital revolution (co-authored with Lindsay Driscoll and Tess Woodcraft)
- Contribution to Good Governance: a practical guide for trustees, chairs and CEO’s (Dorothy Dalton, NCVO)
- The Good Governance Action Plan Workbook
- Lost in Translation: A complete Guide to Chair/Chief Executive PartnershipsA Chair’s First 100 Days: A practical guide to the basics of board leadership
- A polished performance findings from NCVO’s leadership Programme for Chief Executives and Chairs
- Setting Chief Executive Officer Remuneration
- The Treasurer’s Handbook: A practical guide to strengthening financial accountability in voluntary and community organisations
- Better Communications = Better Governance
- Best Behaviour: Using trustee codes of conduct to improve governance practice
- Living Policy (co-author)
- The Board Answer Book
- Enhancing Trusteeship through mentoring (co-author)
- Involving young people
- Developing Trustee Boards: manual for trainers
- The Effective Retreat Planner: guide for trustees and planners (co-author)
- Getting value from consultants: a practical guide for trustees (co-author)
- Recruiting and Supporting Black and Minority Ethnic Trustees
It’s a Battle on the Board
It’s A Battle of the Mind by Debbie Allcock Tyler’s newest publication Foreword by Tesse Akpeki
Governing with Intent
“Governing with Intent: An Enquiry into Trustee Board Effectiveness ” is another publication by Tesse Akpeki. Get it here.
Wired to Govern
Tesse co authored a publication, ” Wired to Govern ” with 2 senior colleagues. Download it here.